[tf] Electric Night [tf] Electric Night

One of my faves! :D

Love the gaps in the beat at the beginning (not sure of the technical term), and the quick buildup, and then the way it becomes a bit sparse again, focusing on the beat. Keeps it interesting, and the whole thing flows. Mastered well.

Couldn't help my head from nodding along with the beat!

Thermoplastique Thermoplastique

So...

these sound like organic drums and guitar? Did you play them yourself?

Other than that, awesome mix! I love songs with variety in them, and you've made the transition with the beat change (around 0:55) really well. Takes guts to blend such a wide variety of styles/instruments. Super catchy! ;D

MashedByMachines responds:

hey! Yes, I do play the guitar myself! The drums are emulated with the VST "addictive drums" :)

Thanks for your review :)

Still Alive (remix) [wip] Still Alive (remix) [wip]

A lot of remixes suck...

but this one doesn't. :D You've changed the quality of the sound and bg music, adding little touches here and there, and I prefer this over the original.

9 for WIP

Dot Dot Dot Dot Dot Dot

...

Hilarious! You really made him sound like an ultra-douche!

And you're talking about this game -
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view /495903

-[8-bit] Inane Game -[8-bit] Inane Game

You've got a fresh approach!

I like your stuff, man - good tunes (in 8-bit style or not), and this one has a good message to it - about people wasting their life on video games. The way you've done it blurs the distinction between games and real life, just like you've blurred the distinction between 8-bit and regular music with lyrics. :D

MashedByMachines responds:

Thats exactly what I was going for! Thanks a lot for your review :D !

Plastic Parts in a Dying World Plastic Parts in a Dying World

Old skool charm

Catchy tune, can imagine the 8-bit in a video game. Nice variety. Got a simplistic charm about it (to do with the synths used)

Lonely Room - String Quartet Lonely Room - String Quartet

A great experiment

But for some reason it sounds synth in places? Pretty good.

[tf] Color of Light [lite] [tf] Color of Light [lite]

Constructive criticism, huh? :0

uhh... well, it's my opinion, but the whole thing sounds rather 8-bit. As in close to it.

In the beginning, when it changes tone (0.12) the buildup isn't as great because the only thing that changes is one thing.

Sounds good, but sounds bare, I guess. But then again, you could be going for something different. ;)

takeflight responds:

You know I completely agree with you. Had you posted this 1 day after submission i would have argued, but looking at the big picture, this song is more of a template for expansion more than an actual, complete, song. Thank you dazza for your review :]

Castle Crash the Battle! Castle Crash the Battle!

For some reason I can listen to this for ages

Overall it comes together very well, even though there are very different instruments in there. I love going on Newgrounds to discover audio while I work.

p.s. SIEGE lol

sshafty1 responds:

THANK YOU. THAT WOULD HAVE BUGGED ME FOREVER.

SIEGE.

Good. And thanks for the review!

-Sam